Oberon, Hartley Veterinary and Animal Centre
Oberon, Hartley Veterinary and Animal Centre realise that your privacy is important to you and that you have a right to know how your personal information is used in our company.
We create and maintain records for your animals under our care in accordance with legal and professional obligations.
This policy outlines how we collect your information, what we use it for and how your information is protected.
What personal information we require and how it is held:
For us to be able to provide appropriate veterinary services for your pet/animal the personal information we collect includes:
- Name and contact details (Residential/ Business/ Postal addresses, email address, home/business /mobile number).
- Pets/animal details (name, age, breed, species, sex, colour, reproduction status).
- Insurance details (if applicable) for the treatment of your animal.
- Pic Numbers
- Animal identification numbers
We may be required to collect your personal information under State and Territory Veterinary Surgeons legislation.
Further information that may be collected includes:
- Marketing preferences (materials you would like to receive and the way you receive it (email, sms, snail mail or other).
- Customer satisfaction and research surveys and similar activities
- Online and digital services
- If you are applying for a position within our practice we may require further information including employment history, eligibility rights, suitability for the position and referee details.
How information is collected and sorted:
How we collect your personal information:
- During conversation (by phone, in person or electronically)
- When you complete new customer forms or other documentation
- When you enter information to our website
Information may also be collected from third parties and organisations who we affiliate with such as other veterinary clinics for previous cases.
How we hold your personal information:
We may hold your personal information in hard copy (paper) or electronic form.
If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. Information held in electronic form is generally held on servers controlled by Ezyvet Pty Ltd. Oberon and Hartley Veterinary Centres use physical security password protection and other measures to ensure that personal information stored in electronic form is protected from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Personal information collected in hard copy (paper) form may be converted to electronic form. Information held in paper-based form is generally securely stored at our veterinary clinics.
Purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information:
The main purpose for which we collect, hold and use your personal information are:
- To provide safe and effective veterinary care to your pet or animal
- To communicate with you about upcoming appointments, health checks, vaccination schedules and other related veterinary care matters
- To answer your questions, and to provide you with information or advice
We may discuss your personal information with other veterinary care professionals (for example, veterinary pathologists) in the course of the provision of veterinary care to your pet or animal (where this is consistent with our veterinary surgeons’ legal and professional obligations). Details about your animal’s history, property and animal management may be obtained to aid diagnosis and treatment.